SEO is the synthesis of many different jobs to improve the friendliness between your website and search engines with the ultimate aim of bringing information about products and services to more users. To do the work efficiently, reduce the time and effort of your individual or team, and still achieve higher SEO results than expected, you must use support tools. Through this article, ChipSEO introduces everyone to 9 free tools to support but still are the best used with features comparable to other paid tools.
With Google Analytics you can check the information that Google gathers from your website such as: number of visitors, real-time visits, customer behavior, obvious sources of page traffic such as referring pages or what keywords customers search for leading to your website. Visitor geolocation includes cities (this is useful when you aim to sales). Moreover, Google Analytics also provides you with the number of visitors by classification such as desktop, mobile, tablet, etc.
Google Search Console
It will be the biggest omission if an SEOer does not use this tool. If Google Analytics lets you know about the amount of traffic to target potential customers, then this is a tool that allows you to optimize your website like Onpage optimization or off-page optimization.
The tool will analyze to let you know the incidents to the website, aimed at customers, optimize the duplicate HTML tags, check the number of backlinks pointing to your site.
One more feature that I often use is submitting articles to google index as quickly as possible, at the same time, combined with the feature of rejecting backlinks if someone “plays dirty”, there is no need to worry because we can also remove via Disavow-link feature.
This is a quite popular tool that has many useful add-ons that are widely used. This tool is often used to perform a number of functions such as:
- Open Site Explorer: This is a backlink analysis tool pointing to the website, quickly updating backlinks, displaying the DA and PA of the website.
- Followerwonk Show stats on Twitter
- Mozbar: This is an add-on extension that allows you to quickly get the features of MOZ with just one click.
- SERP Overlay is part of Mozbar and presents OSE metrics on individual search results.
Google Keyword Planner
Keyword analysis is the first to be done job in every SEO campaign and is extremely important. To analyze keywords you need to calculate: the number of queries, a way to find potential customers through keywords.
Screaming Frog helps detect your site’s problems to improve on-page. The information you may collect includes:
- Errors – client errors such as broken links and server errors (No response, 4xx, 5xx).
- Redirect – Permanent or temporary redirect (3XX responses).
- External Links – All external links and their status codes.
- Protocol – Whether the URLs are secure (HTTPS) or insecure (HTTP).
- URI issues – non-ASCII characters, underscores, capital letters, parameters, or long URLs.
- Duplicate Pages – Hash/MD5 checksums algorithm checks for exact duplicate pages.
- Page Title – Missing, duplicate, 65+ characters, short, truncated width pixels, same as h1, or more.
- Meta Description – Missing, duplicating, more than 156 characters, short, truncated, or multiple pixels width.
- Keywords Meta – Mainly for reference, as they are not used by Google, Bing, or Yahoo.
- Size – The size of the URLs and images.
- Response time.
- Last-Modified Header.
- Depth Level page.
- The number of words.
- H1 – Missing, duplicating, more than 70 characters, or more.
- H2 – Missing, duplicating, more than 70 characters, or more.
- Robots Meta – Index, noindex, follow, nofollow, no archive, nosnippet, noodp, noydir…
- Meta Refresh – Includes target pages and delay time.
- Canonical Link Elements & Classic HTTP headers.
- rel = “next” and rel = “prev”.
- AJAX – SEO Spider complies with Google’s Crawling AJAX Scheme.
- Inlinks – All pages associated with a URI.
- Outlinks – All pages linked out from a URI.
- Anchor Text – All linked text. Alt text from image with links.
- Follow & Nofollow – At page and link level (true/false).
- Images – All URLs with image links and all images from a given page. Images over 100kb, missing alt text, alt text more than 100 characters.
- User-Agent Switcher – Collect information like Googlebot, Bingbot, Yahoo! Slurp, mobile user agents, or your own custom UA.
- Switch Chains – Explore redirect chains and loops.
- Custom Source Code Search – The SEO Spider allows you to find anything you want in the source code of a web page! Whether it’s Google Analytics code, specific text….
- Custom Extraction – You can crawl HTML URLs using XPath, CSS Selectors Path, or regex.
- Google Analytics Integration – You can connect to the Google Analytics APIs and pull in use and transform the data directly during data collection.
- XML Sitemap Generator – You can create an XML sitemap and an image sitemap using SEO spiders.
Bing Webmaster Tools
Perhaps many SEOers are trying to improve their rankings on the largest search engine today, Google, but few people care about Bing. Similar to the webmaster tool, the features of Bing Webmaster Tools also include: controlling the number of visitors, analyzing duplicate title tags, checking for errors on your web.
This tool is quite easy to use similar to Ahrefs but it is free. Just enter a keyword and this tool will quickly display a variety of keyword suggestions based on search features from Google, Bing, Youtube or App Store Search. Based on those keywords you can add lots of ideas from which to create yourself a set of potential keywords.
Optimizing inside the website (on-page SEO) is necessary in the process of doing SEO. To check the level of optimization for your website, we use SEOQuake Toolbar.
There are many website speed testing tools available these days, but Gtmetrix is a reliable tool that you don’t need to worry about. Many people after using GTmetrix have rated GTmetrix is even better than Google PageSpeed Insight.
Here are some SEO support software that I screened, there is a lot more software to support SEO that I have not been able to find. Hope you like the tools that I introduced, and if there are any other tools you want to recommend, comment in the box below.